2019 Alumnus of the Year
Jerry Ruybalid, Class of 1954
Award Criteria for Alumnus of the Year
The Alumnus of the Year Award is the highest honor bestowed upon alumni of Spanish-American Seminary and Sandia View Academy by the Spanish-American Seminary and Sandia View Academy Alumni Association. The hallmark of each recipient is a unique distinction of career and/or lifetime achievements; complemented by personal contributions made to support the mission and purpose of both the Academy and the Alumni Association; and the unselfish giving of time, talents, and resources to alumni-related activities.
To be eligible for an Alumni of the Year nomination, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must have attended the Spanish-American Seminary or Sandia View Academy as a student or must have been a former faculty and staff of SAS or SVA;
- Must be living and physically able to participate in person at the award celebrations (no posthumous nominations);
- Must be an alumnus of SAS and SVA in good standing;
- Must have paid dues to the SAS and SVA Alumni Associations for ten years.
Nominations should answer the following questions:
- In what ways has the candidate served SVA and its alumni?
- Has this service spanned decades?
- In what ways has this service been truly extraordinary?
- How has this service benefited SVA or the its alumni?
- Any dues paying alumnus of SAS or SVA may nominate an alumnus of SAS and SVA.
- Complete a nomination form. Forms can be found online at SVA Alumni Assoc. website.
- Submit an Alumni of the Year nomination form no later than May 31 of each calendar year.
- The SAS & SVA Alumni Association, Inc., Board will select an Alumni of the Year no later than August 30 of each calendar year selected from the nomination forms submitted by the May deadline.
- Alumni of the Year will be announced at Friday’s Annual Business Meeting during Alumni Weekend.
- Each SAS & SVA Alumni of the Year will receive an engraved personalized plaque.
- SAS & SVA Alumni of the Year will have their name plate added to a perpetual wall plaque